Urinary retention is the inability to empty the bladder. With chronic urinary retention, you may be able to urinate, but
you have trouble starting a stream or emptying your bladder completely.
WHAT CAUSES URINARY RETENTION?
Urinary retention can be caused by anobstruction in the urinary tractor by nerve problems that interfere with signals between the brain and the bladder. If thenerves aren't working properly, the brain may not get the message that the bladder is full. Even if you know that your bladder is full, the bladder muscle that squeezes urine out may not get the signal that it is time to push, or the sphincter muscles may not get the signal that it is time to relax.
Characteristics of Wry Neck
- A sudden onset of sharp neck pain and restriction of neck movement
- Pain can be anywhere in the neck extending to the head, shoulder and
upper back, usually worse on one side.
- Difficulty tilting or turning the head to the affected side.
- The head is often tilted away from the affected side slightly and the
patient is unable to correct the faulty posture themselves due to pain and
- Palpable neck spasms on the affected side.
- Pain and movement restriction will usually resolve in under a week with